Free Patterns, Projects & Instructions
- BugKnits: Free patterns for knitting, as well as patterns & needles for sale. Beautiful knit items, including 1:144 scale micro-knits.
- Dancing Violet Designs: Free sample patterns for several rugs and Christmas items. A larger collection of patterns is available for purchase.
- Janet Granger Designs: Rotating free charts & instructions available. Don't miss her amazing kits!
- Kreinik Freebies Project Archives: Free needlework projects, some are mini scale and other patterns can easily be used for miniature pillows, rugs, etc. Be sure and check out the cross-stitch, needlepoint, & crochet sections for mini-convertable projects.
- Mary Lynne's Free Patterns: Free patterns for a potholder and a "Home Sweet Home" sampler.
- Reading and Stitching: How to Park Threads: Excellent article explaining the process of parking threads in miniature needlework.
Interesting Needlework Links
- Miniature Needlework Society: Founded in 1997 to encourage all forms of miniature work with needle and thread.
- Embroidery, Needlework, & Samplers: A collection of articles from Victoriana Magazine. Interesting topics include Southern Decorative Needlework, Victorian Knitting, English Samplers, and Undersleeves in French Embroidery.
- Patches from the Past: Articles covering textile and quilting history from ancient Egypt to early America. Learn about needlework styles around the world, heritage quilts, African-American quilting, and much more.
- Ukrainian Cross Stitch Page: A fascinating look at the importance of cross-stitch art in Ukrainian tradition. Sample patterns for towels, shirts, blouses, carpets than can easily be done in miniature scale, as well as a very extensive motif pattern catalogue.
Supplies & Kits
- Buttercup Miniatures: Miniature knitting & crochet patterns, yarns & supplies. Great kits & patterns for period clothing, accessories & toys.
- HiJinx: Counted cross-stitch patterns & kits for carpets, cushions, stair-runners, and more.
- Janet Granger Designs: Gorgeous dollshouse needlepoint kits for rugs, footstools, bellpulls & more.
- Jan's Minis: Miniature knitting patterns, yarns, trims, & other supplies.
- Magic Miniatures: Needlepoint kits & downloadable charts for tapestries, cushions, carpets, runners, fire screens, and more! Also an extensive line of mini-scale printed fabrics.
- Mary Lynne's Cross Stitch Kits: Tiny samplers, Christmas items, bed coverlets & more.
- Melissa's miniwereld: 1:12 and 1:24 scale cross-stitch kits for pillow, carpets, and framed art. Site is in Dutch.
- microStitchery : by Bobbie Schoonmaker. Museum quality needlework & kits for silk gauze embroidery.
- Mini Stitches: by Annelle Ferguson. Beautiful adaptations of historical samplers and seat covers are offered in kit form.
- Stitches In Miniature: Miniature needlepoint rugs kits and fabrics for dollhouses and miniatures.